Re: Unacceptable discourse for a professional list

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:33:25 +0100 (MET)
To: Curtis Seyfried <curtis.seyfried@verizon.net>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org, Zahid Rahman <zahidr@btconnect.com>, Stephane Nicoll <stephane.nicoll@skynet.be>

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Curtis Seyfried wrote:

> I subscribe to close to 100 lists and moderate 4, people like this do not
> even belong on the Internet.  What two or more parties do Privately within
> their own PRivate e-mail is their own business, but to carry this on
> publically on a list that I assumed was for the open minded discussion of
> jigsaw, is disrespectfull to everyone omn the list, and to the
> communications system we are all a part of.

I hope that people will realise that it may have been caused by
a misinterpretation of a message, and that people will cool down and go
back to constructive discussion.
Keep in mind that many people on the list are non-native english speakers,
and it may lead to misinterpretations.
However, what happened recently has been recorded, and no other
misbehaviour will be accepted.

Yves Lafon - W3C