sudden Error from srvany?

From: Rehfeld, Florian <florian.rehfeld@sap.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:17:07 +0200
To: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>

I had my Jigsaw 2.2.1 running at winNT4.0
It responsed to different types of requests and to JigAdmin from remote correctly.
I configured it to serve WebDAV ( and html-requests for some resources).

After I had tried to run JigSAW as a Service ( using instsrv.exe and srvany.exe ) this worked too but there were several errors at logging off ( that should not happen with a Service! ) if I remember correctly.

After some restarts of the (Hardware-)Server Jigsaw (html-server:8001) does not respond anymore but the admin at :8009 still works.
remote JigAdmin only shows its own instance, not the one of the server itself.

I cannot remember that I changed anything of my Java-Configuration...

My self-made logfile sais (standard output):

JigAdmin[2.2.1]: serving at http://P32810:8009/
FATAL ERROR in element null
Sys  : (internal)
Line : 383
Col  : 88

Who can tell me how to approach that Problem?

btw. : is the only way to stop the Server terminating the java-process (kill or Ctrl-C) or is there a soft way to do I do'nt know?

Florian Rehfeld

Call and Exception:

C:\webdav\jigsaw>java org.w3c.jigsaw.Main -host P32810 -root C:\webDAV\Jigsaw\Ji
*** Warning : JigAdmin[2.2.1]: no logger specified, not logging.
JigAdmin[2.2.1]: serving at http://P32810:8009/
FATAL ERROR in element null
Sys  : (internal)
Line : 383
Col  : 88
character not allowed
        at com.jclark.xml.sax.Driver.parse(Driver.java)
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.serialization.xml.XMLReader.parse(XMLReader.j
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.serialization.xml.XMLReader.readResources(XML
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.serialization.xml.XMLSerializer.readResources
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.store.ResourceStoreImpl.loadResources(Resourc
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.store.ResourceStoreImpl.lookupResource(Resour
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.store.NewReference.lock(NewStoreEntry.java:75
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.store.NewStoreEntry.loadResource(NewStoreEntr
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.store.ResourceStoreManager.loadRootResource(R
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.loadRoot(httpd.java:844)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.changeRoot(httpd.java:851)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.initializeRootResource(httpd.java:880)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.start(httpd.java:2022)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.<init>(ServerHandlerManage
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.main(ServerHandlerManager.
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.Main.main(Main.java:15)
Unknown error while starting http-server: null