Re: HTTP request query length

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, David Gildea wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I am having a problem trying to pass an RSA encrypted address to a
> servlet on a jisaw server. I am passing it as a query, but when I do the
> server dies and I get the response error refused.

Hum, what Jigsaw version/jdk version are you using?
If it is the 2.2 series I advise you to test the latest devel jar that has
lots of fixes for the servlet part:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.2/20021030/

> Is there a maximum length for queries. Or is there another way to pass
> information to a servlet.

There is no length limit, unless set via a filter.
If the problem persist, having a debug trace would be helpful.
Thanks,

--
Yves Lafon - W3C