Applet Destroy method is not called

From: Thomas Issac <sanil_issac@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:49:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

Hi all

I have a Applet-Server Communication code. Server will
be pushing a Refresh event to Applet and Applet on
getting this event Refreshes the page
I am opening a socket to the server in Applets init().
and after that i wait on the blocking call
readLine()from Input Stream. Now if the page is
realoaded this applets Stop or Destpry method is not
called. It keeps on waiting on that readLine() till
something is available in the stream. Becoz of this i
am not able to close this socket in the destroy()
method
Please mail me what can be the problem.
I am not subscribed to this list . Please send me a
copy also
Thanks in Advance
Thomas