POST Method Testing

From: Ammar Assoum <a.assoum@ul.edu.lb>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:05:35 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hi,

I would be thankfull if someone could help me to find out how to test manually the HTTP POST mehod using a telnet session to the Apache server (port 80). I wrote a small CGI-script and I tried to send the POST request as I saw in some documents I have (e.g. RFC2616) but the problem that it didn't let me introduce my script parameters (as mentionned in the documents) and released the connection as soon as I introduced the blank line after the request.
PS here is the request I used:
POST /cgi-bin/myscript HTTP/1.0

Thanks in advance.