ICPReceiver not checking cache?

From: Jeff Fletcher <jfletcher@quark.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:27:56 -0700
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi,

I'm trying to get ICP working in Jigsaw.  I wasn't having any luck, so I
started wading through source code when I found the following in
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.icp.ICPReceiver:

   protected synchronized void handleQuery(ICPQuery query)
// FIXME  boolean   hit   =
cache.hasResource(query.getURL().toExternalForm());
	boolean   hit   = false;

This seems to say that the cache is never checked, and ICP will never work.
Am I interpreting this right?  Has anyone ever made the modifications to get
this to work?

Thanks,
Jeff