http connection pool - HttpManager

From: <Stefan.Landro@swisscom.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:03:10 +0100
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
CC: <cwineman@perseus.anserwv.org>, <gotnew@yahoo.com>
I'm currently developing this servlet-based application that is making
http requests on a remote http server. To speed up things, I wanted to
use a connection pool, and apparently the jigsaw classes can be used to
do this. It appears though that people have experienced trouble using
the classes (i.e. HttpManager) (the connections are not being closed
properly), at least in previous versions.
Has this problem been solved in the newest (which is quite old) version?

What are my options? All comments are welcomed,

Cheers,

Stefan Landro

Swisscom AG
Corporate Technology