Re: WebDAV on 2.20

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Christopher William Turner wrote:

> I have converted 2.2.0 server to web dav.
> I use cadaver on Linux as a DAV client and can only manage
> to create collections and html files via DAV, not other files
> such as jpg, jar, jnlp

Converting a server to webdav can be indeed quite painful. The good news
is that we have someone new on board, and she is working now on an offline
configuration tool, that will help doing batch changes to, for example,
convert a regular server to a webdav one.

That said, the best way to go is to get the 2.1.2 webdav distribution and
replace the jar with the latest ones. (a Jigsaw 2.2.1 should be ready, I
have still one deadlock to chase in the client-side library...), see [1]

> I added these types to an indexer called DAVIndexer which
> originally only had html extensions but I am still getting
> 405 not allowed when trying PUT non-html files.
> The DAV frame was available on menus
> from the admin program but I was
> using a 2.1.2 jigadmin client which explains that.

The frame has a "putable" attribute that must be set to "true" if you want
to allow PUT, there is one also for "DELETE". By default, PUT was not set
as it can allow anyone to change the content on your website. So you can
modify this default in the indexer to have all your html PUTable.

To do access control, you can set which methods you want to protect on the
AclRealm (default is all). Set "pretected methods" to PUT and DELETE and
here you go, PUT preotected and GET HEAD and other methods are free.
Hope this helps.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/webdav.html

--
Yves Lafon - W3C