Re: automatic resource loading(?)

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:47:22 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Chrisoula Alexandraki <chrisoula@ics.forth.gr>
cc: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Chrisoula Alexandraki wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I have Jigsaw 2.2.0 installed on Win2000.
>
> I have configured the root directory of Jigsaw at C:\www
> The stucture of this directory changes very often.
> Is there some way to tell Jigsaw to automatically load resources from
> this location, instead of having to delete old
> org.w3c.jigsaw.resources.DirectoryResource(s)
> and add the new ones all the time?

By doing a "normal" access via HTTP on those resource, the server will
find out it's no longer there, and remove the resource tree structure.
The first time it will give a message like "the resource is no longer
there, the server is misconfigured", then, after the automatic removal
you'll get a plain 404.
Creation is also automatic, via the indexers.

Yves Lafon - W3C