Re: Just getting started-help!

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Marty R. Campbell wrote:

>  Last week I purchased a .com name.  Yesterday, I installed jigsaw and
> jigadm. Can anybody give me advice on how to set up jigsaw so that when
> somebody puts in my .com name jigsaw will service the request.  I have ADSL.
> I know what my static IP address is. I am setting up the .com name with my
> IP address on the DNS servers.

Well if your machine has the right IP/name match in the DNS, it whould be
easy. If you want Jigsaw to answer with a specific (non-automagic) Host
header, go to the properties using JigEdit, and modify Host (http-server
-> properties -> general).
Note that it affects only what Jigsaw will reply, not the dns matching.
If you want to have multiple domains on the same host, you can see the
Virtual hosting section of the documentation [1].
Regards,

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/virtual-hosting.html

--
Yves Lafon - W3C