Re: Jigsaw, WebDav and Version Control...

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 17:04:00 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Jos Yule <jos@trapeze.com>
cc: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Jos Yule wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I've been reading "Weaving the web" (fab), and in it TBL mentions
> that internally at the W3 they are using Jigsaw and WebDAV with
> version control. I've downloaded the WebDAV version of Jigsaw, and
> got it working. However, i've been unable to find or figure out how
> the version control aspect works with it?
>
> Could anyone please shed some light on this? I've searched the
> archives, but i've not been able to find anything that is very
> helpful.

Jigsaw implements WebDAV and a tool called JigEdit that use Cvs in the
back end to do versionning. In the cvs base (but not released yet, it will
be in 2.2.1), there is a version that has WebDAV+JigEdit capabilities.

A small description of Jigedit is available from:

	http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/jigedit-sample

I will provide different sets of configuration for the next releases.

> ps. does it have to do with the CVS frames? I tried to add these
> frames to some of the documents, but the server was unable to find
> them - do i need to download them separately?

CvsFrame are used on an empty frame. They make some cvs commands available
through forms, for files under cvs control, you have CvsFileFrame.

Yves Lafon - W3C