wrong status code in HTTP Header

From: Stefanie Wiemann <s.wiemann@ais-gmbh.de>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 17:37:52 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

I wrote a servlet which handles HTTP requests sent by an SAP server.
After processing the data an answer with the correct HTTP status code
must be returned (e.g. 201 if a document has been created or 404 if a
document could not be found).

I use the setStatus(int status) method of the
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse class to set the HTTP status
which shall be returned to the client. This works fine with Tomcat and
But with Jigsaw I always get 200 (which is the default, I think). The
other parts of the servlet execute fine, e.g. documents are created as
expected. Only the return code is not set correctly.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for help!

PS: I'm using Jigsaw 2.2.0 on Windows NT 4.0