Creating HttpURLConnection properties programically

From: Schwarzhoff, Kelly <kelly.schwarzhoff@commerceone.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 18:23:23 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hi,

I am trying to use the "org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection" classes
as my client-side HTTP library. As far s I can tlel, In order to configure
it (ex: what proxy to use), I have to set global system properties (like via
System.setProperty()). I am trying to find some way to avoid this, and set
the properties API-based that does not require static variables (like
System.setProperty()) as that is not thread safe. Is there any way to do
this? I want to use org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpManager class, but
unfortunately that class is "hidden" from me as an HttpURLConnection user.

Kelly