Re: Jigsaw and JSP

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Gagandeep Singh Sapra wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Well I have been in a fix for bout 3 days now trying to figure out how to
> run jsp on jigsaw, I have tried working with tomcat, and gnujsp, and still
> have not been able to do anything.
>
> First about the version and the platform
>
> I have a cyrix m2 machine running windows nt 4.0 with iis4.0 and sp5
> I have jigsaw 2.1.1 running on this machine, (it is running fine)
> I downloaded gnujsp1.0 and configured it according to the help on the site,

You should upgrade o get 2.2.0, there are many fixes for everything
servlet-related.

> tested installation of gnujsp. sometimes i get the error
> noclassdeffounderror org/gjt/jsp/JspServlet << i dont know why

It is a CLASSPATH problem.

> set
> CLASSPATH=d:\gnujsp\lib\gnujsp10.jar;d:\gnujsp\lib\servlet-2.1.jar;d:\jdk1.2
> .2\lib\tools.jar
> set
> CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;Jigsaw;..\classes\jigsaw.jar;..\classes\xp.jar;..\clas
> ses\sax.jar;..\classes\servlet.jar;.
> java -classpath %CLASSPATH% org.w3c.jigsaw.Main -root ..\Jigsaw

I am not an expert in Win* scripts, but anyway:
shouldn'd it be d:\\gnujsp... instead of \ ? Also can you try to put
gnujsp10.jar and tools.jar in the classes dir of Jigsaw and use only local
references? (in case it would be caused by having the jars sitting on
another disk, or with a reference to the disk).
Anyway, it sounds strange...

--
Yves Lafon - W3C