Re: LDAP authentication

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Oscar Morales-Ruiz (ECE) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to perform the user authentication using an external
> LDAP interface ?? I mean, when the Web Server receives an incoming
> request, is it able to issue a LDAP request to an external LDAP engine
> ??

You just need to make a frame for that. WIth the new AclFilter frame, you
can aggregate different scheme to do authentication, the basic one being
AclRealm, which works as the old GenericAuthFilter.
See examples in org.w3c.jigsaw.acl package, it would be "easy" to add a
frame dedicated to LDAP authentication. If not, please tell me :)

Yves Lafon - W3C