From: Owen Roberts <oroberts@baltimore.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:22:35 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi all - I've narrowed down the previous issue I posted...

I am using Jigsaw 2.2 HttpManager code from a java 1.2 client app.
The doco @ Jigsaw\WWW\Doc\Programmer\api\index.html for HttpManager says:

The client side HTTP request manager. This class is the user interface
(along with the other public classes of this package) for the W3C client
side library implementing HTTP. A typicall request is launched though the
following sequence:
 HttpManager     manager = HttpManager.getManager() ;
 Request request = manager.createRequest() ;
 request.setMethod(HTTP.GET) ;//should be "GET", but nevermind - OR
 request.setURL(new URL("http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/"));
 Reply    reply = manager.runRequest(request) ;
 // Get the reply input stream that contains the actual data:
 InputStream in = reply.getInputStream() ;

and it does exactly what its supposed to. At first anyway.
If I put the above code in a loop, it would lock up the program after the
4th or 5th iteration when accessing a resonable fast site. It blocks on the
runRequest call.
So if you change the above URL to http://www.google.com/ for example, it
quickly goes through 5 iterations and then hangs.
When accessing a slow site, it seems to keep going no problem. Its
especially obvious when using a local machine web server.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong here?
Thanks very much for your time,

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.