Re: ClientException and StackTrace

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:30:44 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Simon Heaton <simon.heaton@softwareag.co.uk>
cc: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Simon Heaton wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I am trying to implement some custom resources and frames within Jigsaw
> v2.2.0 but have hit a problem in that I get the following error within
> errlog:
>
> client-0 (http-server-socket-clients:42): caught ClientException:
> [org.w3c.jigsaw.http.ClientException] null
>
> It is very frustrating in that I get no stacktrace so I am rather at a
> loss in trying to track down the cause.
>
> Is it possible to reconfigure Jigsaw such that I can get a more detailed
> error message (preferably a stacktrace) or do I have to hack the code?

You can start jigsaw in debug mode (-trace on the cmdline). You have also
some debug properties you can set to true in the property file, ex:

org.w3c.jigsaw.client.debug=false

That way, you will see the stacktraces in the server's output, as well as
requests and replies (headers only).

Yves Lafon - W3C