servlets and method init()

From: <J.Zuurbier@icim.fnt.hvu.nl>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 05:04:44 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
I am using Jigsaw 2.1.2 to run and test some servlets. Now I have made a
simple servlet and it didn't work properly. The reason was the following:

Method Servlet.init(ServletConfig config) is called after every request.
Method Servlet.destroy() is only called when jigsaw closes down.

This is not what I would expect. I would expect method init() to be called
only once before method destroy() is called.

J. Zuurbier.