newbie question

From: Frédéric Schwien <fred@igtech.fr>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:57:10 -0000
To: "Jigsaw Mailling list" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hi,

I am new to Java and then , Jigsaw newbie . I'am most familliar to C, C++ and Perl ...

I have to rewrite a Multi thread Proxy server in Java for a University project.

Then, for the client HTTP Header decoding part, I planned to use the org.w3c.www.http.HttpRequestMessage class . (I do not think there is any copyright problem to this , is it ? )

Well, following the Documentation, i made something like :

MimeParserRequestFactory m = new MimeParserRequestFactory();
MimeParser mp = new MimeParser(serviceSocket.getInputStream(), m);
HttpRequestMessage hr = (HttpRequestMessage) mp.parse();

But then, the HttpRequestMessage object only get the host and method fields . None of the others ... I tried to have a look at the Jigsaw code, but I would have to investiagte for days before understanding the way it is done .

Then, does anyone have a good advise for me ?

Thanks for your help,

Fred