Re: JIGSAW: Illegal constant pool index error -- on a Spanish OS

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:49:59 +0100 (MET)
To: Tolga Sakman <Tolga.Sakman@ACRiCFD.com>
cc: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Tolga Sakman wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I poked around with it and figured it had something to do with the
> jigsaw/config/stores directory. My guess is that the st-N files that
> come with the installation work fine, but the files created locally
> cannot be read back -- possibly due to some date or number format? ...
> I tried to have them do the following: Delete all the files in the
> jigsaw/config/stores directory and try to start jigsw again, and a
> similar error occured, it was somewhat different however:

According to the trace, it looks like an update of the jars that causes
the problem (access to the method renameResource can't be done because the
signature of the one found in the serialized stream.
I suspect then that you are using jigsaw 2.0.*

> This may or may not be related to the Spanish OS, but if any of you
> out there have any idea what may be happening, please let me know in
> urgency.

Do you know if the user did some upgrade with development jars?

--
Yves Lafon - W3C / Jigsaw - XML Protocol - HTTP