Re: Sockets in Jigsaw

From: Thomas Kriegelstein <tk4@irz301.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:48:11 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi again,

> On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Thomas Kriegelstein wrote:
>
> > So, i have questions, again ;)
> >   Will the visibility of the mentioned classes be changed in future
> > releases, or do i have to implement all again? Besides, this would start
> > with HttpServer and needs access to HttpServerState, which is as mentioned
> > above only package-visible.
>
> Yes, some classes have been too restricted, but it may be changed, and it
> would be if it is useful, and in your case it seems to be useful :)
>
> I will take a look at this soon, but you can start and tell me which
> classes you want public.

I would appreciate to see at least HttpConnection and HttpServerState
becoming public, so that the entire interface (starting with HttpServer) is
accessible and extendable.

But for the core of my problem, it would help me to have HttpBasicConnection
as a public non final class. Since HttpBasicServer is already public, there
should be no great disadvantage. And for the sake of symmetry
HttpMuxConnection should go the same way.

Thanks,
  Thomas Kriegelstein