Re: Sockets in Jigsaw

From: Thomas Kriegelstein <tk4@irz301.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:06:19 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
hi again,

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Thomas Kriegelstein wrote:
>

> > And now to my question:
> >  Is this likely to be changed in an upcoming stable release of Jigsaw this
> > year? Is there a chance to have a factory for customized outgoing sockets?
>
> There is already a way to do that, see the HttpMuxConnection and
> HttpMuxServer in HttpManager you have a server class, which defaults to
> HttpBasicServer.
> Would that help or is it not enough for what you want to do?
> Regards,
>
>       /\          - Yves Lafon - World Wide Web Consortium -

As of Jigsaw 2.0.5 which I'm currently using, HttpServerState,
HttpConnection and all subclasses of that are only package-visible.

So there is no easy way to extend one or more of these classes to do what i
want. The easiest solution i came up with, would be to extend HttpBasicServer
and HttpBasicConnection to suit my needs, but this is impossible without
having my classes under org.w3c.www.protocol.http.

So, i have questions, again ;)
  Will the visibility of the mentioned classes be changed in future
releases, or do i have to implement all again? Besides, this would start
with HttpServer and needs access to HttpServerState, which is as mentioned
above only package-visible.

Regards,
  Thomas Kriegelstein

--
Thomas Kriegelstein  tk4@rb.mud.de http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~tk4/
   Der ideal zur Chiffrierung vorbereitete Klartext ist orthographisch