Re: How to add the original frames to Jigsaw

From: John Philip Anderson <jpanderson_215@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 18:04:33 -0000
To: tnakano@ise.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp
Cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Dear Mr. Tadashi NAKANO,

I am responding to your request for Jigsaw help.  First, I want to say that
I do not know the exact answer to your question and that I only have worked
with Client-Side Jigsaw.

However, your question is related to something that I am working on now.
So, maybe I can help you a little bit.

1.) I believe that you are correct in your statement:

>I'm not sure, but I could add the original frames to the panel
>by locating the compiled original class
>under the  "classes/org/w3c/jigsaw/frames/" directory.

I am doing something like this right now and it works well.

2.) I believe that you also can do this:

>But I want to add the original frames by locating the class
>file outside the Jigsaw class directory.

However, I suspect it will be much more difficult than option #1, because I
think that you would have to go into the Jigsaw source code and modify
"private," "protect," and "friendly" methods and objects to "public" so that
your "outside" class file would be able to have the necessary access to such
otherwise "hidden" methods and objects.

3.) Finally, I believe that your best option might be to create a special
"public interface" class (like a "proxy") and put it into the
"classes/org/w3c/jigsaw/frames/" directory that your "outside" class files
freely could access Jigsaw through.

      Truly yours,
      John Philip Anderson
      Michigan, USA