Re: new Jigsaw internal release - Cocoon - WebDAV

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Ray Allis wrote:

> Hi, Yves!   Cocoon works?  :)  How do I install cocoon?  Is it
> just another servlet now?  Is it possible to install Cocoon2?
> Do the old cocoon install docs (some email several months ago I
> think ;)) still apply? I can't find them in the mail archive.
> If there is something better, please point me. ;-)

Yes it is a servlet and you need to map the xml extension to this servlet,
like in jsp. It is explained at
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/cocoon.html

> > A new internal release is available for testing [1], it includes WebDAV [2]
>
> Excellent!

For webdav you need to do more things, as the server class will change,
and frames has to be ported to DAVFrame (the model would have needed one
more level of abstraction ;) ).

> > [1] http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.1/20001110/
>
> I took these classes and replaced the ones in Jigsaw/classes in
> jigsaw_2.1.2.tar.gz.  Is this correct?

Yes.

--
Yves Lafon - W3C / Jigsaw - XML Protocol - HTTP