Re: Slow logging

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Niklas Wiberg wrote:

> Hi,
> This is mostly a question for the core developers I guess...
>
> I noticed a comment in org.w3c.jigsaw.http.CommonLogger.java which says:
> * Log the given HTTP transaction.
> * This is shamelessly slow.
>
> Do you plan to make a faster implementation or do you consider it to be
> "fast enough"?

Well, it is fast enough for "normal" operation, and it can be tuned with
the buffer size and such, but it would be difficult to make it far better
tha now. (Unless having a date thread computing the date every second, to
save some time).
But unless you got a huge number of requests per seconds on very basic
things, you won't notice the logging problem (we feel it only when using
ptester on the same link)