Re: Problem using proxy and servlet

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 16:43:03 +0200
To: SEROUL Gael <gael.seroul@cegetel.fr>
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org
SEROUL Gael wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I create a simple servlet HelloWorld, configure it with jigadmin, evrything
> ok.
> If I start jigsaw without proxy on 1.1.1.5 and I go in my browser to
> http://1.1.1.5/servelt/HelloWorld it works.
> If I start jigsaw with proxy on 1.1.1.5 and I go in my browser to same
> address there is an error message :
> An HTTP error occured while getting:
> http://1.1.1.5/servlet/HelloWorld
>
> Details "Unable to contact target server 1.1.1.5:80 after 3 tries.".
>
> What am doing wrong ??
> If someone could help me it will be great !!!
> Thanks
>
> Gael
> gael.seroul@cegetel.fr

You should try with the latest devel release [1], because we fixed some bugs in the servlet
API when Jigsaw is running as a Proxy.
Or may be you forgot to set the followup field of the ProxyFrame?

[1] http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer