Re: Jigsaw on LAN

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:07:41 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Keith Waters <KWAT@esdu.com>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Keith Waters wrote:

> Is it possible to run Jigsaw locally on a computer connected in a
> network?  I tried but got a pop-up message box saying "Incoming
> port restricted" and Jigsaw gave message "Unable to launch http-
> server: Unable to create server socket on port 8001:Address in use:
> bind".  A similar message followed for the admin-server on port 8009.
> > Keith Waters

This messages (addres in use) means that another process is running and
taking those ports, perhaps a remaining Jigsaw.
If you want to bind to a specific interface (ie only lo if you want it to
be only local), you should specify this property in
Properties->SocketConnectionProperties->Bind Address, and set it to
127.0.0.1
You can also directly edit the properties (http-server.props) and set
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.bindAddress=127.0.0.1