Jigsaw as application server...

From: John Brainard <KingArthur@roundtable.dyndns.org>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 08:30:59 -0400 (EDT)
I downloaded Jigsaw recently for the reason that I'm looking for a
web-server that I can use as a lightweight application server.

What I am trying to do is write an MP3 server/player with various clients
(running on Win32, Linux, etc...). The server end is to serve XML to the
client and the client is to POST data to the server for requests. I don't
want the standard request handlers in the web server that I choose to use.

Has anyone successfully done this with Jigsaw (or any other Java
web-server)? I'm currently using Medusa for Python, but I'm not confident
that using Python will help to increase my value in the job market. I do
want a viable solution for my problem here, but I want to do it in such a
way that it looks good on my resume.

Sincerely,

John Brainard
ICQ: 19668081