servlet session tracking problems

From: TK Sung <tksung@extravert.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 14:48:44 -0700
To: "'www-jigsaw@w3c.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3c.org>
I'm seeing two problems with servlet session tracking in 2.1.1.

-  Jigadmin does not allow the maxage of the session cookie set to -1.  I had to manually edit the config file to make it work.  (I think -1 is the default setting of most other servlet engines. )

-  Servlets get a different session after the first request.  For example, it gets session JIGSAW347622-0 on the first request.  On all subsequent requests, it gets session JIGSAW47572-1 (I'm making up these session ids).  The upshot is that, if you saved some values on the session object during the first request, you don't have access to them afterwards.

Does anyone have solution to the second problem?  It is stopping me dead on the track.

tk