Re: A hit Counter JigSaw 2.1.1

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Tyrrell, Jim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just come across Jigsaw and am amazed with what it can do in the
> documentation, but I am having a few problems.  The first one is with the
> JigAdmin tool.  I created a new file test.shtml:
> <head>
> 	<title>Untitled</title>
> </head>

> My Hit Count <!--#hitcount -->

> I add a resource of class name org.w3c.tools.resources.FileResource to an
> identifier of test.shtml.  To this I then add a SSI Frame to let my server
> side include work.  All I get on a web page when I view this is:
> My Hit Count [unknown]
> My first question why is this unknown?  I seem to have followed the
> documentation and am at a loss.  Also it appears that the changes I make

For the hit count, it needs an extra configuration, there is a
CounterFilter in charge of doing... hit count :)
Look at
http://jigsaw.w3.org/Doc/Programmer/api/org/w3c/jigsaw/ssi/commands/DefaultCommandRegistry.html
The best way it to add a org.w3c.jigsaw.filters.CounterFilter to the
SSIFrame.
Also only "count" is required no hitcount, also reusing the reqstate will
work if the "count" still doesn't

> Finally one last question:  Is there a way to programmatically configure up
> a new resource.  In other words I may want to add directories from a servlet
> to a web server.  How can I configure those so they can be viewed.

What do you mean by that? Are directories real? or do you want to do
forwarding from another server?