proxy + webserver

From: Robert W. Bill <rbill@digisprings.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:08:56 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello,

I have been stumbling on a few problems with proxy + webserver
setup.

Problem #1- I'm unable to get Jigsaw working as a proxy server without
disabling it's ability to serve local web pages.  Is there a way to get
both with one server?

Problem #2- I need to authenticate proxy access based on the requested
URL, but the auth frames all check against IP.  The eventual goal is to do
digest auth on the proxy that checks a db for the list of urls a user is
allowed to go- not on the IP they are coming from.  Any hints appreciated
:)

Thank you in advance.

Robert