Re: ELF file's phentsize not the expected size.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Josephus Premkumar wrote:

> Hello,
>     I have compiled a JNI module on linux. And the shared library is
> created as a .so file. I compiled the c code using
> gcc -I<include directories> -c <Cfile>.c - < library name>.so
> But when i try running the java application it gives the following
> error.
> Exception in thread "main" java.lan.UnsatisfiedLinkError : <shared
> library path> : <shared library path again> :ELF file's phentsize not
> the expected size
>     at java.lang.....
> I have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the shared library's path.
> How can i get rid of this problem? Please reply to me at
> premkumar@bflsoftware.com about this.
> I am using JDK1.2.

I ran into this problem also, found the solution (the libUnix.so works
well), but last time I tried, I ran into the same problem (and I am
cursing because I didn't take note of what I did earlier), I'll recheck
soon and keep you informed. It was about some options to add (I was using
ar).