Re: Setting index page to servlet

Dennis Sosnoski wrote:

> Benoit Mahe wrote:
> >
> > Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> >
> > > Next I added a Default resource under Root as a FramedResource, then added a
> > > ServletMapperFrame to that, specifying the servlet-url as
> > > /servlet/DefaultServlet. This works fine for both web browser and phone browser
> > > clients - unfortunately, after I save the configuration, stop the servers from
> > > JigAdmin, and then restart, the HTTPFrame under Root is changed back to
> > > Overview.html. I'd like to be able to have this configuration restore properly
> > > without having to go in and set it with JigAdmin every time I restart the
> > > server.
> >
> > It's not a good thing to modify the root resource, you should create a new resource
> > (FramedResource associated to a ServeltMapperFrame) and declare it as the new root
> > resource (in general properties).
>
> When I attempt this, changing the root name to the Default resource I'd created
> earlier, it gives me the default document but apparently makes everything else
> inaccessible.

Oh, yes! that's not what you want.

> Isn't there any way to just change the default document for the
> root directory?
>
> I thought from the FAQ entry on "How do I set the default document?" that the
> approach of just changing the index property in the HTTPFrame under Root to
> reference my Default resource would do it (this is the approach I'm talking
> about in the first paragraph above, which works only until the server is
> restarted). If this approach doesn't work for the Root directory perhaps the FAQ
> should be qualified.

Did you modify the "Root" node or the "root" node? the "root" node is under the "Root" node,
it's the same resource, but we have problems with duplicate entries of root resource in some
configurations. Please try to modify the "root" node and tell us if the modifications are saved
or not.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Engineer