ELF file's phentsize not the expected size.

From: Josephus Premkumar <premkumar@bflsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:56:25 -0500 (EST)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello,
    I have compiled a JNI module on linux. And the shared library is
created as a .so file. I compiled the c code using
gcc -I<include directories> -c <Cfile>.c - < library name>.so
But when i try running the java application it gives the following
error.
Exception in thread "main" java.lan.UnsatisfiedLinkError : <shared
library path> : <shared library path again> :ELF file's phentsize not
the expected size
    at java.lang.....
I have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the shared library's path.
How can i get rid of this problem? Please reply to me at
premkumar@bflsoftware.com about this.
I am using JDK1.2.
Thanks and regards,
Prem.