Re: 504 error from proxy

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 14:02:44 +0100 (MET)
To: Roland Mainz <Roland.Mainz@informatik.med.uni-giessen.de>
cc: www-jigsaw@w3.org
On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Roland Mainz wrote:

> RFE: Add an option to switch proxy/client-side/server-side into "strict"
> mode to be able to "dig-out" such horrible misuse of the HTTP protocol.

Done! It is now switchable, using one property
(org.w3c.www.protocol.http.lenient), the default value is "true", and it
can be changed in the proxy, using ProxyProp. For client only, just start
with -Dorg.w3c.www.protocol.http.lenient=false.
It is in the cvs base of both 2.0 and 2.1, I will make a devel release
when more changes are there ;)