Re: 504 error from proxy

Roland Mainz wrote:

> Nope, don't kill the owner. The "Server:" line contains the source of the
> problem. Filing a bug report woud be usefull...or suggest the site admin/owner to
> use jigsaw or at least apache :-)

It seems as if it's some custom dll that is serving the response. The
server ought to do some sanity-checking though (One would think it
should catch the "=" at least...)

However, I have another page with problems through Jigsaw (proxy) and
which works fine without Jigsaw. It's the pictures on
http://www.celocom.se/web/celo/d.asp
These too work fine with direct client<-->webserver connection. When
using Jigsaw as a proxy, the client sometimes get a 504 (An HTTP error
occured while getting...) and sometimes a broken picture (you know what
I mean).
The Jigsaw<-->Webserver request-response for one of the pics, looks fine
to me. The server responds with both Content-Length and
"Transfer-Encoding: chunked" though, but as far as I understand from
RFC2616 section 4.4, the Content-Length should be ignored (by Jigsaw in
this case) when a message contains both these headers.
However, the connection does not seem to be closed even though all
chunks seems to be served...
The Client<-->Jigsaw response looks as if Jigsaw serves the first chunk
from the webserver response but without any Transfer-Encoding. The
response looks something like this:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: private
Proxy-Connection: keep-alive