Re: How to make a dummy request and reply

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Lan Bin wrote:

> Hi,All!
>
> I am making one filter, which prefetch the next
> request into the cache for the server.
> I need to make a dummy request/reply. Could any1
> can help me? How to make it?

very easy, using telnet.
Here is an example:

GET /icons/image.gif HTTP/1.1
Connection: keep-alive
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:29:45 GMT
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png
Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8
Accept-Encoding: gzip

just feed that (with the extra \r\n after the headers, and you have it. Of
course you will have to modify the request in the GET and the
Host: header.
For a proxy request, just replace the Host, you can also use the complete
URI in the GET, but Host should also be there and match the host of the
URI in the GET.