Re: Random deaths (proxy)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Peter Schuller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we've been experiencing random deaths of Jigsaw when being run as a proxy.
> The symptomes (Jigsaw immediately closes the connection after the client
> connects) are the same for 2.0.2, 2.0.4 and 2.1.0.
>
> We've tried IBM's JDK 1.1.8, Blackdown's JDK 1.2.2 and Sun/Inprise's JDK
> 1.2.2 (all on Linux).
>
> Some times, it will start acting up almost immediately after a re-start, and
> some times it will run for a couple of weeks. There are no error messages or
> anything else in the logs, and nothing is printed on stdout/stderr.

Hum, it looks like all the connections were waiting for the HttpManager to
finish its job, and a bug there were causing a wrong connection count.
A bug fix has just been contributed today, you can download the latest
jars from http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.0/20000317/
(or http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.1/20000317/ if you are using
jigsaw 2.1)
I hope it will fix your problems!