Random deaths (proxy)

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:47:30 +0100
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hello,

we've been experiencing random deaths of Jigsaw when being run as a proxy.
The symptomes (Jigsaw immediately closes the connection after the client
connects) are the same for 2.0.2, 2.0.4 and 2.1.0.

We've tried IBM's JDK 1.1.8, Blackdown's JDK 1.2.2 and Sun/Inprise's JDK
1.2.2 (all on Linux).

Some times, it will start acting up almost immediately after a re-start, and
some times it will run for a couple of weeks. There are no error messages or
anything else in the logs, and nothing is printed on stdout/stderr.

Have any similar problems been reported in the past? It's run on a Debian
"potato" GNU/Linux system.

Thank you,

PGP userID: 0x5584BD98 or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.infidyne.com