Re: Some other problems whit jsp

From: Massimiliano Tarquini <tarquini@arcaweb.it>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:09:37 +0100
To: JigSaw W3 <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Il Wed, 15 Mar 2000, hai scritto:
> We made a lot of modifications and a lot of tests with Jsp Engines
> (Gnujsp, jakarta, resin, sunjsp) and now these engines seems to work fine
> with Jigsaw. So please check for the next developper release[1][2] at and tell
> us if it works now.
> [1] http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.0/
> [2] http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.1/
> Regards, Benoit.
> Massimiliano Tarquini wrote:

I'm now trying  using 2.1.1 version of jigsaw and jswdk 1.0.1 from sun ,  but i obtain the same result from jsp engine

Unable to compile class for JSP

This is a short description of how i configure Jigsaw 2.1.1

I create the directorys

/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/jsp as repository for jspfiles
/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/jspsource as scratchdir

then i create a new indexer (org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletIndexer)

 -- directories
 |   |
 |   -- *default* (org.w3c.jigsaw.resources.PassDirectory) (ServletDirectoryFrame)->pass-target=Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/jsp
 -- extensions
     -- jsp (org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper) (it create its frame (ServletWrapperFrame)              directly)

the servlet class is com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet
and "scratchdir=/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/jspsource"
in the servler parameters.

Then i set jsp in doc_space as a DirectoryResource setting the indexer to "jspindexer" and added a ServletDirectoryFrame

It's important to use jsp engine with jigsaw under linux.
Actually Jigsaw serve some engines as "Minstry of public instruction: http://www.istruzione.it" and "Giubileum 2000 System".
Now i need it to serve a new portal

Please help me

Massimiliano Tarquini

"Se, in un primo momento, l'idea non  assurda, allora
non c' nessuna speranza che si realizzi".
                                            A. Einstein