Re: Number of users logged

If you want the number of concurrent requests to a particular servlet, I
would suggest you declare it as an application-scope variable.  At the
beginning of your service method, increment a counter, at the end,
decrement it:

ServletContext application = getServletContext();
Integer count = null;
synchronized (application) {
  count = (Integer) application.getAttribute("countMyServlet");
  if (count == null) count = new Integer(1);
  else count = new Integer(count.intValue() + 1);
  application.setAttribute("countMyServlet", count);
}
 // bulk of service()/doGet()/doPost() here
synchronized (application) {
  count = new Integer(count.intValue() - 1);
  application.setAttribute("countMyServlet", count);
}

I would put the decrement operation in a finally {} clause to be safe.

Wes

     Because this integrity cannot be altered, the guaranteed e-mail
     of communication can be electronically.