Use of deprecated APIs

From: Michael Brennan <Michael_Brennan@Allegis.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:23:51 -0700
To: <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
I am investigating using the Jigsaw HTTP client library in an application.
There are a few issues I've encountered, and I'm wondering if anyone has
addressed them or if there are plans for addressing them. One is the heavy
use of deprecated APIs throughout the code. Are there plans on changing
this? If not, if I go through the code and fix these, would there be
interest in incorporating the changes back into the code base?

Another issue is lack of SSL support. At present, it looks like the socket
is created via a "new Socket(...)" call within HttpBasicConnection. If
HttpBasicConnection used a SocketFactory that could be supplied at runtime,
it would offer a great deal more flexibility and would make it (I believe)
fairly easy to implement SSL support. Are there any plans for this or
anything similar?

Thanks.

Michael Brennan
Software Engineer