Adding a service to Jigsaw

From: Niklas Wiberg <e95_nwi@it.kth.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:56:25 +0200
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Hi all,
Currently, I have a separate Java program that provides sort of a lookup
service, callable by RMI.
The idea is to have a modified (subclassed from) CommonLogger in Jigsaw
call this service so as to be able to log additional information, looked
up from the client IP address. However, I just got the idea that it
would be nice to eliminate the RMI calls and make everything one
application (Jigsaw). Currently it's two applications + rmiregistry...
My first question is: What would be the best way to incorporate such a
service into Jigsaw?
My hunch is to make it something similar to the logger, i.e something
that starts up with Jigsaw and that can monitor properties.
If I would do this, how can I give the logger a reference to the "lookup
service object"?

Or maybe it's better to have the logger monitor all properties, create
the lookup service and pass property changes to it.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
Niklas Wiberg