Re: Am I doing something wrong.

> > jody wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have for the last month or so been fighting with Jigsaw 2.0.4/5 trying
to save my
> > Servers configuration.
> > I cant seem to find any *in depth* documentation on the subject. (I
think I may have
> > missed it!)
> >
> > When ever I change something, I always commit. I always kill the servers
via JigKill and
> > it tells me the servers have been saved and exited. When I restart the
servers,
> > usually(If I am lucky) half of the configuration is there.
> >
> > Lately I have been saving the servers via JigKill --save before
shutdown. This does not
> > work either.
> > Is there some timing issue I dont know about or, is Jigsaw just an
independent server
> > that must do everything on it's own .. when it is ready!?! :o)
> >
> > Anywho, it is not a problem configuring the server (I think) the problem
is keeping the
> > configurations. A pointer to some docs or some insight on the matter
would be greatly
> > appreciated!
> >
> > BTW, Jigsaw is great. (Accept the above ... hehe)
>
>  No You're not doing something wrong but I really don't know why your
>  configuration is not saved. Does it happen only for resources
configuration
>  or also for properties and realms?

Hello,

I re-installed Jigsaw 2.0.4(Just to make sure), no difference in behavior.
It seems all the settings are staying except when I create/modify a
resource. (org.w3c.jigsaw.auth.GenericAuthFilter). While searching around I
did find a few things not directly related...

- When changing the port from 8001 to 80. On commit the following stack
trace is displayed.
  is this imprtant? did not seem to do any damage.

JigAdmin[2.0.5]: serving at http://loki:8009/
java.net.SocketException: socket closed
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(Unknown Source)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.run(httpd.java:1595)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

When shutting the HTTP server down from jigadmin, it was hung up for about
20 minutes, on
CTRL-C the follow was displayed. No Clients were connected.

admin-server: http://loki:8009/ done.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.checkpoint(httpd.java:721)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.shutdown(httpd.java:1393)
        at
rg.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerHandlerManager.shutdown(ServerHandlerManager.java
:264)
        at
org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.ServerShutdownHook.run(ServerShutdownHook.java:23)

I am running JDK1.3

Where would I find the files that would contain the new resource
configuration information. I was
looking around and could see all the update realm information(including
passwords :o) ) in the .DB
files.

Just to make sure, when I create a new resource I do the following .
- on root directory -> edit resource.
- Add resource to HTTPFrame, org.w3c.jigsaw.auth.GenericAuthFilter
- Add existing realm and user from realm, commit.
- close resource editor.
- save server (just in case)

Test it successfully, shut down (described in previous email), restart, no
config.
So typically, follow the above procedure when restarting the server the
config
changes would stay? Can we have some one else try the above, I am assuming
most
people dont restart their server consistantly.

thanks,
jody