Re: Tomcat JSPEngine help setup: beginner

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, Hari J wrote:

> Hello, I am a beginner to JSP and servlets. I have been running the
> servlets I wrote using Jigsaw 2.0.5 by placing them in the WWW/servlet
> directory . I now want to start experimenting with JSP . I downloaded
> the tomcat servlet engine and included the jar file jasper.jar in my
> Jigsaw classpath .
>
>  Can someone give me  directions on how to use tomcat as a servlet
> engine with Jigsaw 2_0_5. I have read the jigsaw doc and archives and
> most of them talk of a "jspengine" class and a JSPservlet class. I dont
> know which class in the jasper library does this.

The page about JSP:
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/jsp.html

(We will add screenshots soon ;)
in my classpath I have jasper.jar webserver.jar and xml.jar
I have a servlet setup:
/servlet/jakarta-jsp
with the following setup:
it is a ServletWrapper, with a ServletWrapperFrame
Servlet Class is org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet
and the following parameters:
keepgenerated true
sendErrToClient true
scratchdir /tmp

I added an entry in the indexer for the jsp extension with the following
configuration:
jsp is a FileResource with a ServletMapperFrame
and the servlet url is /servlet/jakarta-jsp

After doing this setup, every jsp will be indexed the right way.

Note also that GNUJsp has a page about how to set up Jigsaw with their JSP
engine, which is almost the same for all jps engines.
http://www.klomp.org/gnujsp/INSTALL.jigsaw
Hope this helps,