Re: running Jigsaw 2.0.4 on BS2000 Posix

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Reh, Oliver wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to run Jigsaw 2.0.4 on a "strange" operation system. Hardware is a
> Siemens mainframe S170, the operating system is BS2000. Within BS2000 there
> is a subsystem called POSIX in which the Java-Environment is embedded.
>
> The softwareversions are:
>
> BS2000 OSD4
> POSIX-BC 04.0A A25
> java version 1.1.8
>
> I run the installation procedure - without errors...
> then I run scripts/jigsaw.sh and I get this error:
>
> # scripts/jigsaw.sh
> java.io.StreamCorruptedException: InputStream does not contain a serialized
> objt
>         at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:67)
>         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:179)
>         at

in 2.0.* Jigsaw uses java serialization to store persistent objects,
unfortunately, it seems that your java is not able to read them (or that
your unzipper corrupt them, more likely, your java implementation should
be problematic.
Jigsaw 2.1 uses XML, so it is easier to debug that, but it requires some
jdk1.2 utilities...
Hope this helps,