Re: Problems with servlet

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Peter Schuller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to get a servlet to work in Jigsaw, but am having some
> problems (and I've had them before and given up).
>
> I don't have a /servlet directory, so I want to add a servlet manually.
>
> I have:
>
>    * Created a ServletWrapper resource with the identifier "MailForm"
>    * Verified it got a proper ServletWrapperFrame attached to it
>    * Put the fully qualified class name in the servlet class field
>      ("xxx.yyy.MailForm")
>    * Made sure the package root is in the CLASSPATH
>    * Restarted Jigsaw after every single configuration change (and verified
>      the changes were saved and re-read)
>
> But I am still getting nothing but a closed connection when I try to access
> the resource (Netscape reports "the document contanied no data", and a
> telnet session confirms that Jigsaw closes the connection after being given
> the GET command). The logs contain nothing useful.
>
> The servlet is never invoked, as is verified by some debug print-outs I've
> made in the various methods.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Other servlets seemingly configured the same way seem
> to work. The difference is that those were configured by the default indexer
> of the /servlet directory (which no longer exists, but that's another matter).

The servlet should be in a directory configured to allow servlets, it can
be done easily.
If your servlet is /foo/bar/myServlet, edit the /foo/bar resource. Delete
its HTTPFrame, and replace it by an org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletDirectoryFrame
It is equivalent of setting the CLASSPATHfor the servlet inside this
container.
Hope this helps,