RE: Jigsaw SSL to be continued

From: Mikael Petterson (BCS) <Mikael.Petterson@edt.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:15:40 +0100
To: "'Yves Lafon'" <ylafon@w3.org>, "'Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr'" <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>, "Arne Riiber(ETO)" <Arne.Riiber@eto.ericsson.se>
Cc: "'www-jigsaw@w3.org'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Hi,

I have now changed to jdk1.2.1_04 (Production version).
I resinstall the whole server+IAIK package.
I start server and get the server working and I place servlets that have no properties. They work fine.

Then I take the servlet that I will use ans that has one property. I go into the admin tool and try to edit one parameter.I do commit and save for that server. I get the same error message as below. Has anyone used parameter settings in Jigsaw 2.0.1? I have not found anything in your mailing lists!

Also we have been in contact with IAIK. They had a version of Jigsaw 2.0.4 (source patches) on their site. Mr Peter Lipp said he got the version from Jigsaw team. See the mail we sent to Lipp:

Dear  masters of JigsawSSL!

This is a request for help to get JigsawSSL-2.0.4 up and running.

We have a project working with mobile electronic commerce, we develop
using IAIK crypto library.
We liked JigsawSSL-2.0.1 since its Java, easy to download, install and
run!

Since we could not figure how to set up servlet.properties in 2.0.1, we
have tried the update for Jigsaw-2.0.4.
Unfortunately, after some hours of effort, we still could not get
JigsawSSL-2.0.4 up and running.
We have compiled the source tree from updated-src-ssl.tar.gz into
jigsaw-ssl.zip

When starting 2.0.4, we do not get any 'class not found exceptions', and
the server says 'serving at https://cyan276.era-a.ericsson.se:4434', but
we do not get the 'creating new default SSLContext...' message, the
Swing classes are not loaded, and we are never asked for keystore
password.

Have tried JDK/1.1 and JDK/1.2, checked the CLASSPATH etc., even changed
our jigsaw-ssl.zip to the old version from 2.0.1, without success.
It looks like some files in the jigsaw-ssl.zip from the 2.0.1
(org.w3c.tools.*) are not in the source tree file updated-src-ssl.tar.gz

Do you have any hints to help us get it up and running?
It would be very convinient for us to get working versions of the
.jar/.zip files as an attachment, or a pointer to where we can pick them
up.

Thanks for your cooperation,

-Arne-

We are in a lot of trouble now!