Re: Setup for servlets when other servlet directory

From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 10:48:55 +0100
To: The@edt.ericsson.se, address@edt.ericsson.se, given@edt.ericsson.se, above@edt.ericsson.se
CC: www-jigsaw@w3.org
Mikael Petterson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using Jigsaw 2.0.1 with SSL (IAIK) on Solaris. Everything has
> been wokrking great so far. Though when we wanted to set the servlet
> properties we ran into problems.
> No file for setting servlet properties.
>
> We have the following directory structure.
> Jigsaw/Jigsaw/WWW/ servlets (servlets is a symbolic link to the source
> tree where I have my classes also the servlet classes).
>
> The source tree is the following:
> /home/edtmlpn/mjxxx/mjxxx/source (that is where have my classes)
>
> Under source I have eg
> /myproject/myappl/TestServlet.class
>
> I have started the Jigadmin for Jigsaw 2.0.1 and followed the
> instructions in the
>  Jigsaw User's Guide installing servlets.
>
> I create a ServletDirectory (servlet).

Good.

> Then I go all the way down in my tree (below servlet directory) to find
> the TestServlet.class but I cannot find the class file even if it is
> there!!! I have double checked it.) Or do I only have th create a
> ServletWrapper that points to my real class file???
> How do I specify that?
>
> I am in bad need of help (that is why I am in the office on a Sunday :-)
> )

Ok, what you want is to wrap the servlet myproject.myappl.TestServlet isn't it?
Here, I guess that myproject.myappl is a package name.
2 possibilities:
    - create a ServletWrapper (call it TestServlet if you want) under the "servlet" node and
    set the class field as "myproject.myappl.TestServlet"
    - try to access http://yourserverhost/servlet/myproject.myappl.TestServlet it will automatically
    create the ServletWrapper.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium   (W3C)