CacheFilter question

From: Dan Hansen <DLHansen@quark.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:23:03 -0500 (EST)
To: "'www-jigsaw'" <www-jigsaw@w3.org>
Cc: Dan Hansen <DLHansen@quark.com>
Hi,

Class I have a question about:
org.w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.CacheFilter

I see in method "outgoingFilter()" that there is a commented out line -

	// request.setState(STATE_NOSTORE, Boolean.TRUE);

This raises a question I have about no-store.  If I read the spec correctly,

the server should make a best effort to remove both the request and reply
contents
from non-volatile memory and to get it out of volatile memory as fast as
possible.

So does jigsaw NOT store the meta-data associated with the request and reply
resource?
Or does this restriction only apply to http "content"?
Also, if the above line is not used, where is the "nostore" state info set
for the original
request?

NHP (not high priority) - if you get a chance to answer it's helpful though.

Thanks,
Dan